Tuesday, May 20, 2008


Fifteen years ago today our little girl was born on her Daddy's 31st Birthday!

Happy Birthday Celica Marie and Erick!

Actually at this hour which is about 1 am I was still in labor and did not yet know if I would be having a boy or a girl. Erick did know however and had from the moment I told him we were going to have a baby. He told me then that it was a girl. He is usually right about these things too! Anyway, it has been fifteen years and I can hardly believe it. Celica has grown into the most beautiful young lady and we are so proud of her everyday! Erick has also grown and become the most wonderful father. I am so lucky and blessed to have them as a part of my life!

Here is a poem that I wrote many years ago for them both:


Daddy's Gift


It wasn't a motorcycle with shining chrome.


It wasn't a bottle of brand new cologne.


It wasn't a ticket to a far away land.


It wasn't a chance to meet his favorite band.


It was, however, something brand new.


It was warm and snuggly and smelled good too.


It was a baby;


A blessing from above.


Daddy had been given a little girl to love.


Into our lives this little girl came.


Nothing would ever be quite the same.


This gift he received on his thirty-first year,


It is the gift most cherished, the gift most dear!


Love, Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment